Del dette job
See original job post here:
At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We're looking to add another full-time Product Designer to the team to help us build great user experiences and make the complex simple.
THE ROLE ✨
We’re looking for a designer who strives for simplicity and the "work to be done", and has expert-level user interface and visual design skills. We're building simple and efficient products to help companies, payroll admins, and employees better manage, understand, and run payroll. If that sounds like something you'd be good at, we'd love to talk!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING? 💼
Here’s a snapshot of what you could be working on:
- Work with our Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams to conceptualise problems from initial definition through to shipping
- Together with our product designer, maintain and develop our design system, ensuring that the product is streamlined and cohesive across countries and teams
- Test and revise your designs based on your research, interviews and peer feedback
- Contribute to building a collaborative, productive and friendly remote workplace
- Receive and give feedback to help improve the work of your peers and yourself
WHY YOU SHOULD BE EXCITED ABOUT DESIGN AT PENTO 🤩
- Our developers are a joy to work with, and they care about finding the right solution and making your designs work like you intended. No stone left unturned.
- We geek out about product design and continually work on learning new techniques and tools. Recently we participated in Adam Silver's Form Design Masterclass and started using the Maze tool for our user surveys.
- Share your work. We are very transparent about how things work, and if you like to share your finished projects on Dribbble, Twitter or other platforms, you are free to do so.
- Our design system has a strong foundation with well-known principles like the 8px grid and accommodating type-scale. Everything is built out in Figma, allowing you to move fast.
- Time to slow down and detach components. While we have a system in place for building fast, you will also have time dig into our components and rethink how they work, we are always trying to improve our auto-layout compositions.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR 🕵️♀️
Your background and skills
- Great written and verbal English communication skills
- 3+ years of experience within the digital design industry, ideally at a tech-forward, product-driven company
- Expert understanding of the formal elements of design, not just limited to the web and including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- Experience in leading research and user testing to gather actionable feedback for your designs
- Solid experience with contemporary digital design tools, such as Figma, Sketch, or similar
- You always default to searching for the **right** solution to a problem — not the prettiest
- Enjoys taking an active role in the development process
Bonus experience and skills
- You have systems-thinking and/or code know-how (though not necessarily coding skills)
- You have experience working in highly effective remote teams
- You have a problem-solver attitude. No problem is too big or too hard.
- You like working independently, but you also know when to involve your teammates and ask for help.
- You are hungry to learn. You know you don't know it all, and do what you can to help yourself and your teammates be better every day.
- You work well with lots of questions and few answers. We're a startup trying to do something no one else has done before, which means we're dealing with a lot of questions and what-ifs.
- You enjoy giving and receiving feedback on a daily basis.
WHAT IS PENTO 🤔
We're a **technology company**, not an ~~accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar~~. We build beautiful payroll SaaS that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
Why now is a *really* exciting time to join 🚀
- The UK payroll process hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- *Every* company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We win the vast majority of head-to-heads against our main competition, and are confident we have the best product in the market for our target customer
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 ([check our Trustpilot by the way](trustpilot.com/review/pento.dk))
OUR TEAM 💜
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!