Del dette job
EFFEKT is an agenda-based design and research studio based in Copenhagen with the mission of making a positive impact for people and planet. At the heart of our office is a passionate team of designers, architects, urban planners, landscape architects, and an array of specialists who are committed to helping solve the great challenges we face in the industry. As part of our continued journey of growth over the past years, we are now seeking a Communications Manager who will play a key role in elevating our message, our work, and our mission by leading strategic communication initiatives and ensuring the execution of those initiatives. We are at a moment in our firm’s development where we would like to enter a new chapter in how we articulate and communicate the change we are championing through our projects and research.
The ideal candidate has a passion for sustainability paired with a strong interest in architecture and/or design and a trained sense for good storytelling and strong angles tailored for different global audiences and media recipients. You are meticulous and take initiative, with extensive project management abilities, strategic prowess, and have the ability to build relationships with internal EFFEKT employees, as well as external collaborators, stakeholders and journalists.
You have a few years’ experience with PR and storytelling from an agency, a brand-driven company or design or architecture studio. You have an education in journalism, communication or marketing. You thrive in working with a broad range of tasks and in a lively, social, and creative environment, and have a special ability to translate visionary, and sometimes complex, ideas into accessible and inspiring messages. The most important thing is that we are a good match, so we can put together a fun and impassioned team that enjoys coming to work together and sharing in EFFEKT’s mission.
Primary responsibilities to include:
• Develop communication strategies for EFFEKT in alignment with the overall company development targets, in close collaboration with Creative Direction, Business Development, Project Teams and other support functions
• Plan activities, including project launches, and implement systems that perform the work and fulfill the mission and the goals of the communications strategy efficiently and effectively
• Ensure all PR/marketing materials and social media content reflect the office’s ethos and values, and tone of voice
• Track and supporting firm events and staff engagements including project openings, lectures and studio tours
• Field and prioritize press/publication and exhibition requests, including public speaking and interview opportunities for both the Creative Directors and company leadership,
• Monitor press coverage and oversee production of press summaries
• Manage awards pipeline, including vetting, prioritization and production of submittals
• Maintain the office’s online presence, including the website and all channels, tracking social media performance and oversee production of regular analytic reports (we use Meltwater)
• Curate project messages by writing and/or editing project/design narratives, in collaboration with Project Teams, and ensure high quality visual assets
• Oversee internal communications including newsletters and staff announcements
• Represent EFFEKT at media events and project launches as a “face” of the firm, while also leading office and project tours with clients and media
• Provide mentorship, training and support to junior team members
• Give active support to the Director of Business Development and Communications and Partners in our international growth strategy
Qualifications & competencies sought:
• You have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in the field of Architecture, Branding, Creative Businesses or the like, in a related position
• Masters level degree in either Marketing, Journalism, Communication, and/or Architecture;
• You are fluent in Danish and English, oral as well as written (fluency in additional language(s) is also a plus) with above-average editing & proof-reading skills
• You have a proficiency in MS Office and Adobe CS (especially InDesign) with an eye for graphic design and storytelling
• You have experience in website management tools (CMS)
• You are able to independently manage several simultaneous initiatives with little oversight
• You take initiatives and bring ideas to the table
• You take pride in the work you do
• You have an outgoing personality and positive attitude
• You are able to stay focused in a busy and ad-hoc work environment
• You work efficiently and have a proactive and enthusiastic approach to assignments
• You work independently and are an excellent organizer of your tasks
• You have a keen attention to detail
The Communications Manager will form an integral part of the wider Business Development and Communications team in our Nørrebro office. The position is offered on a full time basis in our Copenhagen office and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible!